Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dimitri dimitri is offline

Default Header Footer question

Hi, I want to set up a header and footer for the First Page, and than a
different for the following pages.

So far i only manage to do this, when I have allready a 2 page
document. What I want is a template with 1 page initially, and only
whern your letter is getting longer and you need a secound/third page
you will get the different header/footer.

I does not seem so far that I am able to set up 2 different header
footers for a one page document.

Sure it can be done...

Thanks, Dimitri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Open your template. Insert a page break. Set up your headers and footers as
for a two-page document. Delete the page break.

Word 'remembers' the subsequent headers and footers and uses them if your
document runs to more than a page.

"dimitri" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I want to set up a header and footer for the First Page, and than a
different for the following pages.

So far i only manage to do this, when I have allready a 2 page
document. What I want is a template with 1 page initially, and only
whern your letter is getting longer and you need a secound/third page
you will get the different header/footer.

I does not seem so far that I am able to set up 2 different header
footers for a one page document.

Sure it can be done...

Thanks, Dimitri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial
(for simulating different margins on different pages, among other things)

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"dimitri" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, I want to set up a header and footer for the First Page, and than a
different for the following pages.

So far i only manage to do this, when I have allready a 2 page
document. What I want is a template with 1 page initially, and only
whern your letter is getting longer and you need a secound/third page
you will get the different header/footer.

I does not seem so far that I am able to set up 2 different header
footers for a one page document.

Sure it can be done...

Thanks, Dimitri

Header with picture or text box Scott Page Layout 15 April 28th 23 02:52 AM
Header and footer text based on page content Greg Page Layout 0 August 8th 06 01:18 PM
Features godmongo Microsoft Word Help 20 July 22nd 06 07:37 AM
Prevent Word from applying Header, Footer and Page Styles? ChristineP Microsoft Word Help 3 October 19th 05 03:10 PM
Table headers Sam Hobbs New Users 12 December 20th 04 08:18 PM