Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] herrdue@yahoo.com is offline

Default Reading Layout View in Word 2003

All,

I understand that by modifying the NORMAL.DOT template, I can change
layout and zoom settings to reflect my preferences for all new
documents I may create. In fact, my NORMAL.DOT is set up to display in
Normal View at 100% zoom. Despite this, I'm finding that when others
send me word documents that have previously existed, and were most
likely generated with an earlier version of Word, the view I get upon
opening those docs is the annoying Reading Layout View. I've also found
that if I'm using Microsoft Access 2003 and export a report into Word
format, it comes up in that same Reading Layout view. Making
modifications to the NORMAL.DOT file does not seem to change this
behavior. Can anyone tell me what I may be able to do to keep these
kinds of documents from displaying in this Reading Layout view? Thanks
in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] herrdue@yahoo.com is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I must have been snoozing to miss that in Options...I
had looked there but it just didn't jump out at me. Thanks so much for
your time.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Well, it's a new wrinkle in Word 2003, and it's an odd place for the option
(you'd think it might be on the View tab).

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
On the General tab of Tools | Options, clear the check box for "Allow
starting in Reading Layout."

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Print reading layout view in Word 2003? [email protected] Page Layout 0 October 17th 05 04:11 PM