Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rockwoodlabs rockwoodlabs is offline

Default how can i stop new paragraph when hitting enter?

When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit enter.
How do I eliminate this from happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

The most obvious answer would be to stop hitting enter. Word is a Word
processor and not a typewriter.

See:

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html

for some introductory tips for using Word.

rockwoodlabs wrote:
When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit enter.
How do I eliminate this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Remove the Space Before/After from the paragraph in the Format | Paragraph
dialog.

"rockwoodlabs" wrote in message
news
When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit enter.
How do I eliminate this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rockwoodlabs rockwoodlabs is offline

I don't think I'm making myself clear.

I want to close a letter with:
name
address
phone

it's typing
name

street address

city, state and zip

phone #

I can't eliminate the spaces between the lines and not hitting the enter
button won't work!

"rockwoodlabs" wrote:

When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit enter.
How do I eliminate this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Did you look at that link I provided to you? Suzanne Barnhill suggested
that you remove paragraph before/after spacing. Did you do that?

If you want to start a new line without creating a new paragraph (that is
what hitting enter does) then press Shift+Enter.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"rockwoodlabs" wrote:

When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit
enter. How do I eliminate this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might also check to see that your line spacing isn't set to something
other than Single (FormatParagraph - Indents & Spacing - Line Spacing).

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/29/06 4:05 PM, in article
, "rockwoodlabs"

"rockwoodlabs" wrote:

When typing a letter at it automatically skipping a line when I hit enter.
How do I eliminate this from happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
savera savera is offline

Try selecting the lines you want to change (the ones that look double spaced)

Format Styles and Formatting... (select Normal)

See if that fixes your problem...