Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef stef is offline

Default checkboxes in word "forms" or docs

Word 2002 SP3
Win XP HE SP1

Hi,

I would like to know how to insert a "checkbox" into a document so that
the reader can just "check" the box or "tick" it whether he prints it
and faxes it back or does it by opening up the Word doc and checking the
box there--filling out a form--and email it back.

I've seen the control tool box but it seems to want an underlying macro
for the box, etc.; it adds VBA to the doc. I'm not sure that's what I
want. The user might get a security warning when opening the doc, etc.;
and if dealing with unsophisticated recipients, they might think virus
threat, etc.

Plus these boxes seem difficult to handle and align on same line as
text, etc.

Even if I just use a basic "square" box; I can design it but that also
is difficult to handle and align with the text, etc.

Maybe I need a good tutorial....?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

stef wrote:
[...]

Use the Web Tools toolbar to place the checkbox with. You don't have to
protect the document, but you DO have to exit design mode, which you'll find
yourself in.

Do not make a form; just add the checkbox where you want it. Clicking will
toggle the check on/off.

Pop`
Word 2002

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef stef is offline

Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
[...]

Pop, tx 4 ur reply.
i wasn't aware of this feature--silly me. but it's still 1/2 crappy. i
mean it's still really difficult to manage the alignment w/ the text,
size, etc..........
in front of txt, in line w/text, whatever, it just never lines up with
the line i am writing easily. i set it somewhere, as soon as i exit
design mode it moves somewhere else, i mean, there's go to be a way
that's easy....
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

stef wrote:
Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
[...]

Dunno what to tell you; it works now and has for many versions of Word that
I use. You must have something else going on that I or maybe even you
aren't aware of. You can size it, copy it, move it, delete it, etc., just
as thogh it were text.

Sorry it was no help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
stef stef is offline

Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
[...]

no, it was helpful. i didn't know i cd put an html box etc. i just
have to figure out a way of making it simple to use, etc. (if that's
possible

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

stef wrote:
Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
Pop` wrote:
stef wrote:
[...]

What exact problems are you having with it? I'll test run each one and tell
you how it works here. It's really easy to use: Turn on the toolbar, put
your cursor where you want the box, click the checkbox, go back, resize it
or whatever, and add your text.

Perhaps a step by step of what you're having trouble with would help in
assisting you.

Pop`