Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MarriedMark MarriedMark is offline

Default Free Training?

Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you know is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MarriedMark MarriedMark is offline

I did... and I'm a bit overwhelmed by seemingly splochy (sp?) options. I've
found nothing completely thorough. Have you any specific suggestions?

Mark

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, because I bought the books on Word that I use for reference. I like a
book in my hand instead of reading something online.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
I did... and I'm a bit overwhelmed by seemingly splochy (sp?) options.
I've
found nothing completely thorough. Have you any specific suggestions?

Mark

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough
Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you
know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like
that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

So right. I used to curl up on the sofa with the Word 97 manuals and a glass
of wine. Can't do that on line without spilling the wine into the
keyboard...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
No, because I bought the books on Word that I use for reference. I like a
book in my hand instead of reading something online.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
I did... and I'm a bit overwhelmed by seemingly splochy (sp?) options.
I've
found nothing completely thorough. Have you any specific suggestions?

Mark

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough
Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003
text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you
know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification
test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like
that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I prefer to snuggle under a blanket with a cup of French Vanilla Nut coffee
and one of my fill in the Office product Inside Out books. (Geez, I wish I
was kidding. Maybe I am beyond help.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"aalaan" wrote in message
So right. I used to curl up on the sofa with the Word 97 manuals and a
glass of wine. Can't do that on line without spilling the wine into the
keyboard...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
No, because I bought the books on Word that I use for reference. I like a
book in my hand instead of reading something online.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
I did... and I'm a bit overwhelmed by seemingly splochy (sp?) options.
I've
found nothing completely thorough. Have you any specific suggestions?

Mark

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough
Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003
text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you
know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification
test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like
that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

We all are...

"aalaan" wrote in message
So right. I used to curl up on the sofa with the Word 97 manuals and a
glass of wine. Can't do that on line without spilling the wine into the
keyboard...

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
No, because I bought the books on Word that I use for reference. I like
a book in my hand instead of reading something online.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
I did... and I'm a bit overwhelmed by seemingly splochy (sp?) options.
I've
found nothing completely thorough. Have you any specific suggestions?

Mark

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full,
thorough Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003
text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you
know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification
test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like
that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MarriedMark MarriedMark is offline

I haven't been able to find any thorough, organized free training, no. Do
you know a particular area I should check? I may end up having to buy a text
for my purposes, however, I work and go to college online and, idealy, I'd
like my side-study texts to be here as well... and, of course, preferably
free... :-).

"Raylen" wrote:

Have you checked out the microsoft site. They have training on there for
Word 2003.

Raylen

"MarriedMark" wrote in message
Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text
book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you know
is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test
and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MarriedMark MarriedMark is offline

That couldn't be a more exact match to the type of resource I was looking
for. Organized, Exact, and to the Point. Thank you so very much Robert.

Thankful,

Mark

"Robert" wrote:

Have a look at http://www.uwec.edu/help/word03.htm
--
Cheers
Robert

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:04:02 -0700, MarriedMark wrote:

Is there any site that offers online or a downloadable full, thorough

Word
2003 training. I'm looking for something like a general Word 2003 text

book,
but free and online/downloadable. Even better, if it's a source you know

is
thorough enough that I could take a simple Word 2003 certification test

and
pass after going through your recommended resource, I'd really like that
better. I'd sure appreciate any feedback anyone can offer.

Mark Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Also many training articles on the Microsoft web site
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...958171033.aspx

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/