Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carolyn Carolyn is offline

Default Templates with custom toolbars & macros

Is there a trick that I'm missing to save custom toolbars with macros that
will let me transfer the template to another user? I created macros that use
a specific group of colors for table cells and it work fine on my machine
but when I email or transfer the template by USB drive the toolbar doesn't
go with it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carolyn Carolyn is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Are you sure you saved the toolbar in the template and not in Normal.dot
(the default)?

I'm pretty sure but check me out. I saved the new template with a custom
toolbar "Malandro" (macro project is named ColorMacros with colored buttons)
as Malandro Document Template.dot in the MS Template folder then closed it
out. Then I did filenew from template on on my computer and "Malandro
Document Template" is there. I choose it and the toolbar & macros are there.
When I go into the Template folder and copy that file onto a USB drive and
have my roommate put it on their system the template looks fine (all the
'available formatting' is there along with a table set up for a
Header/subheader, etc) but there is no toolbar or macros.
Does that procedure sound right? The macros & toolbar both show up in the
custom template and the normal.dot template.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you created the toolbar and clicked New in the Customize dialog, in the
New Toolbar dialog, did you make sure that your template was selected for
"Make toolbar available to"? If you open the Organizer and select your
template, does it show the toolbar, or is the toolbar shown in Normal.dot
instead? If the toolbar is available to new Blank Documents, then it's saved
in Normal.dot instead of your document template.

"Carolyn" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carolyn Carolyn is offline

It looks like that's what happened. When I reopened the template today the
macros weren't available anymore and the toolbar showed up twice in the
list. When I tried to use it I got an error msg about possible macro
security settings but that wasn't the problem. I've gone in and deleted the
macros & toolbar and went through the organizer to make sure they were gone
from all templates.
I only want the color macros/toolbar on this one template. I'm going to
start over (with open book in front of me). I will document each step and if
it doesn't work - again - I'll come back with the exact steps I took and
then maybe you can see where I'm messing up.
Thanks for the help so far