Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Striker Striker is offline

Default Make room for project snapshot

I am creating a template in word 2003, that will be used as a standard
report for project managers. I need to put in a field that they can use to
paste a snapshot of MS Project into the form. What type of field can I use
for this?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Striker,

I am creating a template in word 2003, that will be used as a standard
report for project managers. I need to put in a field that they can use to
paste a snapshot of MS Project into the form. What type of field can I use
for this?

To do this without a macro, you'd need to
- insert a section break before where the picture comes
- insert another section break after that point (leave just a paragraph
mark)
- set this section to be *unprotected*

Once the form is protected, the user can paste the graphic in. (They can also
do other things in the unprotected section)

Other than that, you'd need a macro that unprotects the document, performs the
Paste action in the correct place, then reprotects the document without losing
the user input.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org