Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Danny Walker Danny Walker is offline

Default How do I insert text next to a screen shot?

Hello to all, (I am a Word novice)

I am creating a Word document to outline a standard operating procedure. I
have captured a screen shot (Alt+Prnt Scrn) and pasted it into my document
(Ctrl+V).
The screen shot is a vertical toolbar and I need to enter text next to the
icons in the toolbar for descriptive purposes. Any help will be sincerely
appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Right-click on the screen capture, and select Format Picture | Layout | and
Behind Text. This will allow you to add text on top of the screen capture.
Next using the Drawing toolbar (View | Toolbars | Drawing) select the icon
that has a small A with blue lines (next to the large tilted A) Click on your
picture and type the text. If you wish to remove the border, select the arrow
next to the brush on the Drawing Toolbar, and select No line. You can resize
the text boxes by clicking and dragging. Does this solve your problem?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Danny Walker" wrote:

Hello to all, (I am a Word novice)

I am creating a Word document to outline a standard operating procedure. I
have captured a screen shot (Alt+Prnt Scrn) and pasted it into my document
(Ctrl+V).
The screen shot is a vertical toolbar and I need to enter text next to the
icons in the toolbar for descriptive purposes. Any help will be sincerely
appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Danny Walker Danny Walker is offline

God bless the souls of your ancestors!!!

It works great. Thank you so much Rae.

"Danny Walker" wrote:

Hello to all, (I am a Word novice)

I am creating a Word document to outline a standard operating procedure. I
have captured a screen shot (Alt+Prnt Scrn) and pasted it into my document
(Ctrl+V).
The screen shot is a vertical toolbar and I need to enter text next to the
icons in the toolbar for descriptive purposes. Any help will be sincerely
appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

For what you're doing you may want to take a look at the AutoShapes =
Callouts rather than using a bunch of Text Boxes.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones