Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dk dk is offline

Default two columns merged to 1

how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in a table
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Does 'merge cells' on the Table menu not cut it for you?

"dk" wrote in message
how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in a
table

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, when you use the Table controls to merge columns, you get all
the cells merged vertically as well--*not* what you want. But if you display
the Tables and Borders toolbar and click on the Eraser tool, you can use it
(carefully) to erase the border between the two columns, which preserves the
individual rows. It can take a lot of trial-and-error, though (much use of
Undo), to get it right.

"dk" wrote in message
how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in a
table

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dk dk is offline

we are not trying to the grids etc we want to have 70 rows 2 columns shall be
merged to 1 column and 70 rows we have 6 cloumn in the table

how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in a table

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Perhaps you could get someone to translate "we are not trying to the grids
etc" into English?

news

"dk" wrote:

how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in a
table

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If this is a reference to using the eraser, note that this does *not* "hide"
the cell boundaries, it removes them, thus effectively merging the cells.
Did you even try it?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Perhaps you could get someone to translate "we are not trying to the

grids
etc" into English?

news

"dk" wrote:

how can i combine street no column with street to be only 1 column in

table

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dk dk is offline

maybe we don't know were is the eraser please describe exacly or shortcut key