Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Patrick Simonds Patrick Simonds is offline

Default Watermark problem

I am not sure why this is so hard in Word (takes about 20 seconds on WP) but
I want to place a Watermark on only pages 1 and 2 of my multiage document.
IN WordPerfect you go to the page you want to discontinue the watermark and
select Discontinue Watermark. I do not seem to be able to do this in Word.
Please what do I need to do to apply this watermark only to the first 2
pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

A watermark is simply piece of WordArt anchored to the header; you can work
with it as for any other graphic. Insert a section break between pages 2 and
3. Select the header for section 2. Clear the 'Same as previous' button on
the Headers and Footers toolbar. Delete the watermark in that section.

"Patrick Simonds" wrote in message
I am not sure why this is so hard in Word (takes about 20 seconds on WP)
but I want to place a Watermark on only pages 1 and 2 of my multiage
document. IN WordPerfect you go to the page you want to discontinue the
watermark and select Discontinue Watermark. I do not seem to be able to do
this in Word. Please what do I need to do to apply this watermark only to
the first 2 pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Patrick Simonds Patrick Simonds is offline

Okay

Between each page is a "Section Break (Next Page)". So I went to the header
on page 3 and cleared the "Same as previous" but when I then turn off the
watermark, it turns off on all pages.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
A watermark is simply piece of WordArt anchored to the header; you can work
with it as for any other graphic. Insert a section break between pages 2
and 3. Select the header for section 2. Clear the 'Same as previous' button
on the Headers and Footers toolbar. Delete the watermark in that section.

"Patrick Simonds" wrote in message
I am not sure why this is so hard in Word (takes about 20 seconds on WP)
but I want to place a Watermark on only pages 1 and 2 of my multiage
document. IN WordPerfect you go to the page you want to discontinue the
watermark and select Discontinue Watermark. I do not seem to be able to do
this in Word. Please what do I need to do to apply this watermark only to
the first 2 pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Follow the instructions I gave: activate the header in section three, select
the watermark, delete it. It's just a WordArt graphic. There's no magic
involved.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
A watermark is simply piece of WordArt anchored to the header; you can
work with it as for any other graphic. Insert a section break between
pages 2 and 3. Select the header for section 2. Clear the 'Same as
previous' button on the Headers and Footers toolbar. Delete the watermark
in that section.

"Patrick Simonds" wrote in message
I am not sure why this is so hard in Word (takes about 20 seconds on WP)
but I want to place a Watermark on only pages 1 and 2 of my multiage
document. IN WordPerfect you go to the page you want to discontinue the
watermark and select Discontinue Watermark. I do not seem to be able to
do this in Word. Please what do I need to do to apply this watermark only
to the first 2 pages?

Weird Print to File Problem Jon Barron Microsoft Word Help 0 April 12th 06 07:37 PM
Problem with maximized Word window matero Microsoft Word Help 2 April 4th 06 06:04 PM
How do i insert a watermark into a Word Document programatically ( tartancli Microsoft Word Help 0 March 20th 06 06:49 PM
Borders problem M Page Layout 2 February 8th 06 08:28 AM
Watermark kills headers 97->'03 RWN Page Layout 4 February 16th 05 05:16 AM