Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hall Hall is offline

Default PDF file as a background

I have a form in a PDF file that I'd like to use as a background to a Word
file.

Can a PDF file be imported as an image?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

It can, but PDFs imported into Word tend to be *huge*. Your document would
likely be unusable. Convert the PDF to a real image format (GIF, JPG, etc)
and use that.

"Hall" wrote in message
I have a form in a PDF file that I'd like to use as a background to a Word
file.

Can a PDF file be imported as an image?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Not in Word, no. Some graphics apps can do it. You could also try printing
it to ImageWriter. It depends rather on what the PDF contains: how was it
created in the first place?

"Hall" wrote in message
I have a form in a PDF file that I'd like to use as a background to a
Word file.

Can a PDF file be imported as an image?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Try the 'printer' driver that comes with SnagIt 8 - there is a working demo.
It will convert the printed output to any graphics format.

"Hall" wrote in message
I have a form in a PDF file that I'd like to use as a background
to a Word file.

Can a PDF file be imported as an image?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.conversions,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

This will work for Word too
Converting PDF Files
So that they can be imported into Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/