Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Les Les is offline

Default Complex Form Layouts

We are beginning a process to switch some pre-printed forms from tractor-fed
to laser jet printing. These are legal forms (with all the curious fonts and
styles that inplies), duplex printed on both legal and letter sized paper.
Some are multi-paged, and some are even carbon copied.

I am sure that someone out there must use Word to create similar documents.
I am curious as to whether anyone can point me in the right direction to
build a process for myself.

Prime considerations for the project a
-use laserjet technology for printing
-securing the documents to prevent the end user from changing any formats or
wording
-merging the document with data from an external database after prompting
for key information (i.e. cust #)

Thanks in advance for your help,
--
Les Torchia-Wells
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dallas64 Dallas64 is offline

What you are asking for would require a large book.
I would point you to the resources at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx for step by step instructions
different options, no matter what MS Office product you are using.
Forms that would require calculations can be created in Excel. Word is best
for mail merge, and you can use the Table functions for lines and boxes,
adjusting how thick the line is, or even telling a line to be invisible.
There are several clumsy ways to select for criteria in Word. But for
selecting criteria from a prompt, the way to make it easiest for users is the
hardest to develop. It involves creating reports in Access, rather than
attempting a mail-merge function.
Good luck.