Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
two_heads_45 two_heads_45 is offline

Default how to delete page numbers completely? how to page number the docu

Every time I add a section to my Word document, the next page number starts
again with a different number, not sequential, in a section it shows 2
although it correctly should be page 48, in next section it shows 23 although
it should be 99. I want to page number the whole document, not per section.
How can I do it?
I did go to Insert/Page numbers but it did not work.
I thought I may have to type the whole document first then page number it,
so I delete the page numbers, but it is still there (I can see it in the
bottom of my screen).
I use Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In every section, use Format Page Number to select "Continue from previous
section." You can easily access this dialog using the Format Page Number
button on the Header and Footer toolbar.

news