Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
daetech daetech is offline

Default Split Window Strangeness

I've noticed that the split window feature in Word always leaves the window
that the cursor is *not* in when you click "Remove Split".

EX: I split the window in a document, then select the top window, scroll up
and type somthing in it. My cursor is in the top window. I click "Remove
Split" from the window menu and the top window goes away. Now I have to
scroll back up and find my place again. The the same thing happens if you do
it in the bottom window.

This seems counter-intuitive and should probably be the other way around.
Removing the split should close the window that the cursor is not in.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?ZGFldGVjaA==?=,

EX: I split the window in a document, then select the top window, scroll up
and type somthing in it. My cursor is in the top window. I click "Remove
Split" from the window menu and the top window goes away. Now I have to
scroll back up and find my place again. The the same thing happens if you do
it in the bottom window.

Try pressing the up-arrow or down-arrow key. That should scroll the window back
to where you were working in it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
daetech daetech is offline

I just tried it and it moves the cursor too. Good suggestion though.

"Cindy M." wrote:

Try pressing the up-arrow or down-arrow key. That should scroll the window
back
to where you were working in it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?ZGFldGVjaA==?=,

I just tried it and it moves the cursor too.

Well, yes... But if you immediately press the opposite
arrow key the cursor goes back to where it was. This is the
technique I use all the time.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)