Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Donald Koch Donald Koch is offline

Default how do I force A2 envelope size

I am trying to print on A2 envelopes (5-11/16 x 4-3/8) and Word will not
allow the size. The return address is missing the first two characters on
every line and it is extremely frustrating. This is a standard "Invitation"
and "Thank You" card envelope size and I am dumbfounded that Microsoft would
make this so difficult. Has anyone discovered a work around for this? I have
tried rotating the envelope in the print options and 'forcing' the location
of teh text but nothing has worked. I have already created tha invitations to
my wedding using MS Word, the card stock for the envelopes, and a Xerox
Phaser 740 printer and it appears I am going to have to address the envelopes
by hand.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is nothing to do with Microsoft. Word will only print what the print
driver will allow, and it takes its page size options from that driver. You
can instead set the next larger standard sized envelopes and make up the
disparity with larger margins. Practice on plain paper until you get the
text positioning right, noting carefdully which way the envelope feeds as
the margin you need to adjust may not be the one you expect!

See alse http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm