Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] caleb.bailey@gmail.com is offline

Default Bulleted list problems

I want to change the template for bulleted lists so that it puts them
every .25 instead of .5. When I change the style, the bullets move to
1/4", but the text indents stay at .5" How can I fix this?
Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] caleb.bailey@gmail.com is offline

I haven't used the paragraph dialog to format these. When I try to
customize the bullets it's grayed out. I was trying to set it up as a
style that I will automatically apply. The bullets add a tab marker to
the ruler in the wrong position. It's the "style bulleted" option
under styles and formatting. I have the tab stops set to .25" for the
document, but it's still messed up in my bulllets. I have a screenshot
of it that I can send to your email address if you'd like.

Caleb

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure you have set the hanging indent and tab position at the same
place; this must be done in the Bullets dialog, not the Paragraph dialog.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to change the template for bulleted lists so that it puts them
every .25 instead of .5. When I change the style, the bullets move to
1/4", but the text indents stay at .5" How can I fix this?
Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Instead of applying bullets to a style (using the Bullets button), apply a
style such as List Bullet and customize it using the Format | Bullets and
Numbering dialog. See

How to apply a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

How to modify a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

ups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure you have set the hanging indent and tab position at the same
place; this must be done in the Bullets dialog, not the Paragraph

dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to change the template for bulleted lists so that it puts them
every .25 instead of .5. When I change the style, the bullets move to
1/4", but the text indents stay at .5" How can I fix this?
Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] caleb.bailey@gmail.com is offline

Actually, it looks like I've messed up a lot of my formatting somehow.
Now when I try and do bullets to a new document they automatically jump
to the middle of the page, etc. They don't start out at the margin
like usually. I need to restore my original template, and create a new
one that has a few specific font/heading styles, and regular bulleted
lists with .25" tabs/indents instead of the default .5" How can I fix
it for my default template and set up the new one?

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure you have set the hanging indent and tab position at the same
place; this must be done in the Bullets dialog, not the Paragraph dialog.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to change the template for bulleted lists so that it puts them
every .25 instead of .5. When I change the style, the bullets move to
1/4", but the text indents stay at .5" How can I fix this?
Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You might start by reading
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

oups.com...

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Make sure you have set the hanging indent and tab position at the same
place; this must be done in the Bullets dialog, not the Paragraph

dialog.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so