Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Distressed Distressed is offline

Default Dynamic Headers for Sections - but not Section 0

Hi there,

I have done a header for a big document, with the header text as whatever is
defined in each section for "Heading 1".
Problem is, I then inserted a table of contents at start, so I made this a
numbered Heading 1 starting at '0' so that all my chapters would remain in
the correct numbering with the chapter title as headers on each page.

However, i have 2 problems...
1) I now get "Table of Contents" in the header for the Table of Contents
(section 0) pages, and
2)I also get my "Table of Contents" listed in the contents!!

How do I fix these quick? - my deadline is in 1hr!!

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

1. Do the header for section 1 differently.

2. Don't use a heading for the TOC itself: format an ordinary paragraph, or
create a 'Contents' style that looks like a heading, but has an outline
level of BodyText.

"Distressed" wrote in message
news
Hi there,

I have done a header for a big document, with the header text as whatever
is
defined in each section for "Heading 1".
Problem is, I then inserted a table of contents at start, so I made this a
numbered Heading 1 starting at '0' so that all my chapters would remain in
the correct numbering with the chapter title as headers on each page.

However, i have 2 problems...
1) I now get "Table of Contents" in the header for the Table of Contents
(section 0) pages, and
2)I also get my "Table of Contents" listed in the contents!!

How do I fix these quick? - my deadline is in 1hr!!

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Distressed Distressed is offline

That worked thanks
I didn't realise you could 'unlink' the headers (they were all linked to
previous)

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Distressed Distressed is offline

One more thing - my TOC is coming up with some page numbers in italics and
some not. This is because i guess, it follows the styles of the format i
have chosen - "Formal" None of my headings are italic funnily enough

how can i make just the page numbers all of the same format?

Thanks

"Jezebel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Unfortunately, in current versions of Word, the page numbers and leaders in
TOC entries must be in the same font as the entry itself; there is no way to
make them uniform throughout the TOC.