Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rod Plastow Rod Plastow is offline

Default Numbered Lists

Hi All,

Why are the 'Restart Numbering' and 'Continue Previous List' options now
disabled in the Bullets and Numbering dialog? I know they used to be
available.

Moreover right-clicking on a numbered paragraph produced the context menu.
Selecting 'Restart Numbering' did in fact restart the numbering.
Right-clicking again and selecting 'Continue Numbering' had no effect.
What's going on?

Word v2003 SP2 under Windows XP Pro SP2

Regards,

Rod
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It seems likely that, since numbering cannot be restarted (or
continued), there are several numbered lists applied to your text
(though it looks like just one). To fix this, use numbering attached
to paragraph styles and see this article:

How to restart style-based numbering
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...artMethods.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rod Plastow" wrote in message
Hi All,

Why are the 'Restart Numbering' and 'Continue Previous List' options

now
disabled in the Bullets and Numbering dialog? I know they used to

be
available.

Moreover right-clicking on a numbered paragraph produced the context

menu.
Selecting 'Restart Numbering' did in fact restart the numbering.
Right-clicking again and selecting 'Continue Numbering' had no

effect.
What's going on?

Word v2003 SP2 under Windows XP Pro SP2

Regards,

Rod

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rod Plastow Rod Plastow is offline

Stefan,

Thanks for that and especial thanks for the link.

Rod