Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Smith Tom Smith is offline

Default Watermarks on select pages of a document

Word 2003 under WinXP

Is it possible to insert a watermark on just one page of a document? I have
a short document, an agenda (Its own section), and some notes, and would
like to have the agenda page with a 'draft' watermark and the other pages
without. Using Format|Background|Watermark seems to put the watermark on all
pages. I've unlinked the sections' header/footer, which doesn't seem to
help.

Thx in advance, as always, for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pop` Pop` is offline

Tom Smith wrote:
Word 2003 under WinXP

Is it possible to insert a watermark on just one page of a document?
I have a short document, an agenda (Its own section), and some notes,
and would like to have the agenda page with a 'draft' watermark and
the other pages without. Using Format|Background|Watermark seems to
put the watermark on all pages. I've unlinked the sections'
header/footer, which doesn't seem to help.

Thx in advance, as always, for your help.

Easiest way is to make two files out of it; print them separately.

If you have the ability, PSP or PS, whatever, you could create a transparant
gif to use, then just set it behind the text, but that's more like a lot of
work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

If you already have separate sections, then you can add a watermark to just
that section. Watermarks are just text or graphics that are inserted into
the body of the text but are actually in the Header. Just make sure that the
Header Same As Previous option is deselected so that the watermark appears
in just the one section.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/