Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carla Carla is offline

Default mirror margins when switching between portrait & landscape

Hi,
I am writing a large thesis and switch quite frequently between portrait and
landscape layout due to tables etc. I need to have my inside margins set at
3cm and my outside margins at 2cm but it doesn't seem to work for my
landscape orientation pages.... do I have to manually change the margins on
these pages? Or is there a way to set it up so that Word automatically
realises that the next section still needs to have mirrored margins?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would imagine that the margins you're trying to mirror become the wrong
ones on landscape pages. Assuming you are trying to create a gutter on the
inside (left side of recto pages, right side of verso), then in landscape
you need a larger margin at the top of the recto pages and bottom of verso.
This can be done.

Check the box for "Different odd and even" if you haven't already. This is a
per-document setting (rather than per-section like "Different first page"),
so you'll need to create separate odd and even headers and footers for all
the sections in the document. For the landscape sections, add space above
the header on recto pages and below the footer on verso pages, and this will
create your gutter.

"Carla" wrote in message
Hi,
I am writing a large thesis and switch quite frequently between portrait

and
landscape layout due to tables etc. I need to have my inside margins set

at
3cm and my outside margins at 2cm but it doesn't seem to work for my
landscape orientation pages.... do I have to manually change the margins

on
these pages? Or is there a way to set it up so that Word automatically
realises that the next section still needs to have mirrored margins?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Carla Carla is offline

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I can now cease bashing my head against the
wall - what I didn't realise also is that when you do the things below -
adding section breaks also means adding section break as odd or even pages as
opposed to just next page...... but it's all working fine now - thank you.

Carla

"Carla" wrote in message
Hi,
I am writing a large thesis and switch quite frequently between portrait

and
landscape layout due to tables etc. I need to have my inside margins set

at
3cm and my outside margins at 2cm but it doesn't seem to work for my
landscape orientation pages.... do I have to manually change the margins

on
these pages? Or is there a way to set it up so that Word automatically
realises that the next section still needs to have mirrored margins?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would think Next Page alone would take care of it: the page should get
whichever header/footer combination is appropriate. But Word can be very
ornery about putting landscape on the back of portrait, so that might be a
problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.