Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nbj4vr nbj4vr is offline

Default Unable to set margins to default causing page break problems.

When using Microsoft Word I am unable to continue typing to the next page. I
don't believe it has anything to do with page break. I think it has to do
with the margins. When I go into FILE, PAGE SET UP, MARGINS and try to
default margins it won't allow me to default and an error message pops up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Just to clarify - the Default button in the Margins page of Page Setup does
*not* restore the document margins to default settings. It *stores* the
settings currently dislayed in the dialog as the defaults for any new
documents you create from then on.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"nbj4vr" wrote in message
When using Microsoft Word I am unable to continue typing to the next page.
don't believe it has anything to do with page break. I think it has to do
with the margins. When I go into FILE, PAGE SET UP, MARGINS and try to
default margins it won't allow me to default and an error message pops up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kabir Kabir is offline

Susan -- you are a lifesaver. I've been struggling with this issue for a
year. Now my frustration is over. Many thanks.
--
Kabir

"nbj4vr" wrote in message
When using Microsoft Word I am unable to continue typing to the next page.

don't believe it has anything to do with page break. I think it has to do
with the margins. When I go into FILE, PAGE SET UP, MARGINS and try to
default margins it won't allow me to default and an error message pops up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It's a very bizarre bug caused by "Equal column width" not being enabled. If
you create multiple columns using the Columns button on the toolbar in some
earlier Word versions, that check box is not checked, and you can end up
with unequal columns, one of which is the margin width, leaving nowhere for
the rest of the columns to go. This has even more bizarre results in
portrait documents in which text is visible in Normal view but disappears in
Print Layout view because it's forced into a column that has zero width.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One; click

OK.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"nbj4vr" wrote in message
When using Microsoft Word I am unable to continue typing to the next

page.
don't believe it has anything to do with page break. I think it has to

do
with the margins. When I go into FILE, PAGE SET UP, MARGINS and try

default margins it won't allow me to default and an error message pops

up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nbj4vr nbj4vr is offline

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I don't how many times I can say it, but
it is much appreciated here in my office. Several people, including me(who
are all proffessionals) could not think of what the issue could be. LOL
Thanks again. As for Kabir I felt his fustration.

"nbj4vr" wrote in message
When using Microsoft Word I am unable to continue typing to the next page.

don't believe it has anything to do with page break. I think it has to do
with the margins. When I go into FILE, PAGE SET UP, MARGINS and try to
default margins it won't allow me to default and an error message pops up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Note that if you have the same problem in new documents, you'll need to do
this in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm