Trudi

Default I can't merge with excel spreadsheet OR tab delimited word file

What's the deal here? When I was working in a 98 version of word, I could
merge with anything. NOw the merge "help" looks more intricate than plans for
Apollo 13. Can anyone help me? This site is for the birds.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VHJ1ZGk=?=,

What's the deal here? When I was working in a 98 version of word, I could
merge with anything. NOw the merge "help" looks more intricate than plans for
Apollo 13. Can anyone help me? This site is for the birds.

I can understand you may be frustrated. But without adequate information we
can't be of much help. And note that you'd get an answer more quickly if you
posted to an appropriate group (mail merge).

1. Which version of Word do you have, now?

2. HOW is mail merge not working?

3. You should find a basic tutorial here
http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Beth Melton

There was no 98 version of Word for the PC. If you are using Word for
a Mac then you may have more success if you post in a Mac newsgroup
for Word.

If you are using a PC version of Word then we need to know what
version of Word you are currently using and specific details on the
problem you are encountering. Do you get an error message? If so what
is it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Trudi" wrote in message
What's the deal here? When I was working in a 98 version of word, I
could
merge with anything. NOw the merge "help" looks more intricate than
plans for
Apollo 13. Can anyone help me? This site is for the birds.

Actually, you won't find anything there except redirects. My new site is at
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs. But for basic information on mail
merges, see these articles:

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?VHJ1ZGk=?=,

What's the deal here? When I was working in a 98 version of word, I

could
merge with anything. NOw the merge "help" looks more intricate than

plans for
Apollo 13. Can anyone help me? This site is for the birds.

I can understand you may be frustrated. But without adequate information

we
can't be of much help. And note that you'd get an answer more quickly if

you
posted to an appropriate group (mail merge).

1. Which version of Word do you have, now?

2. HOW is mail merge not working?

3. You should find a basic tutorial here
http://home.zebra.net/~sbarnhill/

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org