Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alison Alison is offline

Default Odd-Even Page Layout and Blank Pages

Hi, folks:
I have a document that is set up in chapters requiring different headers and
footers on odd and even pages. So, I've set the document up with Different
Odd/Even in the header/footer option enabled.

As you well know, when a section ends on an odd page, a blank page prints
out afterward. This page is visible only in Print Preview mode. Two
questions.

1) Is it possible to suppress that extra blank page on those chapters
ending on odd pages? (I imagine not...)
2) If it's not possible to suppress it, is it possible to format the
header/footer on that blank page to conform with the remainder of the
chapter, so that it's not merely a blank page? For example, could I somehow
"force" a page number into that footer and a title onto the header?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Alison
--
Alison
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Different odd and even" alone won't force blank pages. If you're restarting
numbering at 1 in each section, it will. Or if you've inserted Odd Page
Breaks, this alone will do it. If you're not restarting numbering, make sure
your section breaks are "Next Page" rather than "Odd Page."

In answer to your second question (should you still need an answer), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

"Alison" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alison Alison is offline

Yes, I have restarted page numbering at 1 in each section and need to keep it
that way. And my section breaks are "Next Page." So, it sounds like there's
no way around this extra blank page.

Given that, is there any way to format the blank pages -- to insert
header/footer information in them so they at least conform to the section
that they end?
--
Alison

"Alison" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Whoops! I see the second part of my reply gave the wrong URL. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Different odd and even" alone won't force blank pages. If you're

restarting
numbering at 1 in each section, it will. Or if you've inserted Odd Page
Breaks, this alone will do it. If you're not restarting numbering, make

sure
your section breaks are "Next Page" rather than "Odd Page."

In answer to your second question (should you still need an answer), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/ChapterNumber.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Alison" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Alison Alison is offline

Hey, Suzanne:
Sorry for the delayed reply. This worked like a charm! Thanks SO MUCH
for the information. Have a great weekend!
--
Alison

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Whoops! I see the second part of my reply gave the wrong URL. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm

news