College Student

Default Problems with Macros? I'm not sure what the problem is.

The problems I am having are numrous, but I think they are related. When I
go to "View" and and select "Header and Footer" and attempt to insert page
numbers, Word will not insert them correctly. For example, if I attempt to
insert page numbers in the format "Page x of y," Word, instead of inserting
the page numbers, inserts the text "Page {PAGE} of {NUMPAGES}." Also, when I
try to add a hyperlink, instead of performing the hyperlink function with the
text I selected, Word places the text encapsulated with "{HYPERLINK \1 "...
...."}, but doesn't create the hyperlink.

I hope I haven't made my questions non-sensical. Thanks for your help.