olav

Default Import of text file

If I interactively import a text file with national characters like Æ,Ø,Å I
get a dialog box for conversion of the file. The default selection is strange
enough "Other coding" with "Japanish (Shift-JIS)".

If I import the same text file in a macro, the file is importet without the
dialog box, and the result contents strange characters.

If I import a file without national characters everything is ok.

I use Word 2003 SP1. In previous versions of Word (before Word 2002) I have
not seen this effect.

Thankful for any hints that can help me to overcome this problem.
--
olav
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b2xhdg==?=,

If I interactively import a text file with national characters like Æ,Ø,Å I
get a dialog box for conversion of the file. The default selection is strange
enough "Other coding" with "Japanish (Shift-JIS)".

And what do you choose, instead, when this prompt appears?

If I import the same text file in a macro, the file is importet without the
dialog box, and the result contents strange characters.

If I import a file without national characters everything is ok.

I use Word 2003 SP1. In previous versions of Word (before Word 2002) I have
not seen this effect.

Thankful for any hints that can help me to overcome this problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)