Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tonyb tonyb is offline

Default Stop blank lines appearing when using Address Block with a databa

When using the address block function in a mail merge document, I am getting
blank lines appearing when some of the individual recipients don't have
information for example county in their addresses, where others do. How do I
set word to ignore missing data that actaully doesn't exist and stop it
producing blank lines that I then have to go and edit.

Some addresses are like this

Mr Joe Blogs
1 Street
London

E1 4JR

others are like this

Mr Joe Blogs
5 Street
Maidenhead
Kent
TN54 4RS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do not use the Address Block. Instead, insert the individual merge fields
in the configuration that you want them and use an If...then...Else field
construction to test for data in the field that may be empty. You will find
countless examples of how to do this in responses to other posts to this
newsgroup.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.