Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Roy[_3_] Roy[_3_] is offline

Default Create Outlook mail list from Word

I have a list of names / email addresses that was created in Word. I would
like to use that list to send a large number of email notices (a program
invitation) to the names on the list. Is there any way to do this? Will I
be forced to re-type all of the names into Outlook or some other program?
Thanks.

Roy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dav Dav is offline

Hi Roy

If your list is in a table in Word, Copy/Paste in Excel. Format it nicely
and use it as your Mail Merge recipient using the Mail Merge Wizard in the
tool menu.

Greetings from France

Dav

"Roy" Roy @discussions.microsoft.com a écrit dans le message de
I have a list of names / email addresses that was created in Word. I would
like to use that list to send a large number of email notices (a program
invitation) to the names on the list. Is there any way to do this? Will
be forced to re-type all of the names into Outlook or some other program?
Thanks.

Roy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There is no need for Excel to be involved at all. Word can use a Word table
as a mailmerge data source and the formatting is irrelevant and ignored by
Word. What is required is to ensure that the Word list of email addresses is
in a format that Word can recognise as a data source - to that end
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm might prove
useful.

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm may also be required