Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wendle wendle is offline

Default Merged e-mail messages don't send from Word!

I am trying to do a simple merged e-mail - no attachments - in Word 2003. In
the past I have done this many times on my other computer. After I complete
the letters and send them, they show up in my "sent items" folder on Outlook.
HOWEVER, on the computer I am using today the documents do not seem to send.
I have the same OS and MS Office 2003 and Outlook on both computers. Why is
this not working?????? Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try using Outlook Help|Detect and repair.

I don't know why it does this.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"wendle" wrote in message
I am trying to do a simple merged e-mail - no attachments - in Word 2003.
In
the past I have done this many times on my other computer. After I
complete
the letters and send them, they show up in my "sent items" folder on
Outlook.
HOWEVER, on the computer I am using today the documents do not seem to
send.
I have the same OS and MS Office 2003 and Outlook on both computers. Why
is
this not working?????? Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

wendle,
You might want to check if the Outlook application on that PC, is set to
save sent messages in the SentItems folder. Or in another folder.

--
Have A Good Day
Rich/rerat

(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"wendle" wrote in message
I am trying to do a simple merged e-mail - no attachments - in Word 2003.
In
the past I have done this many times on my other computer. After I
complete
the letters and send them, they show up in my "sent items" folder on
Outlook.
HOWEVER, on the computer I am using today the documents do not seem to
send.
I have the same OS and MS Office 2003 and Outlook on both computers. Why
is
this not working?????? Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
wendle wendle is offline

Thanks for your help! The problem fixed itself after I made some seemingly
unrelated adjustments to my Outlook settings. All better now. Not sure how,
but it works.

Thanks again!!