Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harriet Harriet is offline

Default does Office XP version 2002 run under Windows Vista Home Premium

I installed Office XP and Proofing tools Ver. 2002 and it keeps bombing out.
Is it supposed to work under the Vista Operating System? Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Although it was created before Vista, it's supposed to be able to be run.

Define "bombing out".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
"Harriet" wrote in message
I installed Office XP and Proofing tools Ver. 2002 and it keeps bombing
out.
Is it supposed to work under the Vista Operating System? Thanks for the
help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harriet Harriet is offline

Definition of "bombing out": The program (Word) disappears and a window opens
up saying that there was an error (sorry I don't remember the exact words in
the message). There is also a suggestion that I check for updates. The
first time it happened, I checked for updates and installed them. However
the same thing continued to happen. I have documents written in Spanish and
Italian, so the problem could have something to do with the Proofing Tools.
The only software I have used from "Office" is Word. Thanks for your
response. Harriet

"Harriet" wrote:

I installed Office XP and Proofing tools Ver. 2002 and it keeps bombing out.
Is it supposed to work under the Vista Operating System? Thanks for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

We would need to know the exact wording of the error message to be able to
help you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Harriet" wrote:

I installed Office XP and Proofing tools Ver. 2002 and it keeps bombing
out.
Is it supposed to work under the Vista Operating System? Thanks for the
help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harriet Harriet is offline

Default does Office XP version 2002 run under Windows Vista Home Premi

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I upgraded to Office 2007 - so I
haven't seen the error again. Harriet