Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elle D Elle D is offline

Default Cursor jumps around (nothing to do w/ touchpad!!)

Anytime I'm typing text (word, email, etc) my cursor will randomly move to
where ever the pointer is for the mouse, or to the last place I clicked to
begin typing text if the pointer is off the page somewhere. How do I keep
that from happening? THIS IS NOT A TOUCH PAD ISSUE. It has been covered w/
a notecard to keep it from being touched. This problem even occurs when my
husband is typing and he is a hunt and peck person. He doesn't rest his
hands on the computer. Ideas anyone?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Some touchpads are so sensitive that they can operate without you touching
them and respond to tapping the keyboard. You should be able to turn it off
from the BIOS settings of the laptop then the card will be unnecessary.

Elle D wrote:
Anytime I'm typing text (word, email, etc) my cursor will randomly
move to where ever the pointer is for the mouse, or to the last place
I clicked to begin typing text if the pointer is off the page
somewhere. How do I keep that from happening? THIS IS NOT A TOUCH
PAD ISSUE. It has been covered w/ a notecard to keep it from being
touched. This problem even occurs when my husband is typing and he
is a hunt and peck person. He doesn't rest his hands on the
computer. Ideas anyone?

How do I fix a cursor that jumps all over when typing? Lynn in Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 September 1st 07 11:03 AM
cursor jumps when entering text akellis Microsoft Word Help 3 July 18th 07 03:06 PM
cursor jumps around when typing Roger Microsoft Word Help 1 April 28th 06 06:11 AM
cursor jumps Wyoh Microsoft Word Help 0 December 8th 05 04:19 PM
Cursor jumps when scrolling Larry Root Microsoft Word Help 2 October 10th 05 01:06 PM