Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
philip roots philip roots is offline

Default how do i refresh the spell checker - it is missing a lot of typos

I have tried the 'recheck' button in tools options but the program is not
finding the obvious mispelt words
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

You didn't mention which version of Word you were using, but it sounds as if
you might have the language set to "Do not check." In most versions of Word,
you can check this in Tools - Language - Set language. Make sure the "Do not
check spelling" box is NOT checked.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"philip roots" wrote:

I have tried the 'recheck' button in tools options but the program is not
finding the obvious mispelt words

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm for some tips.

"philip roots" philip wrote in message
I have tried the 'recheck' button in tools options but the program is not
finding the obvious mispelt words

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
philip roots[_2_] philip roots[_2_] is offline

Thanks for suggestions - my program was already set-up to check the spelling
correctly, the errors were not hidden in the document and I'm using the
custom.dic for US English - but still no change. I'm using the 2003 version.
If i start a new document the spell checker and autocorrect work just fine.