Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DCView DCView is offline

Default data source excel

I am creating a mail merge letter using an Excel data base. When I try and
link the Word document to the Excel data source I get the message "word was
unable to enter the data source." I get this message regardless of what
computer I use. I can open the Excel sheet on its own. Interestingly I am
able to link prior excel spreadsheets through mail merge. What is going on?
Is there a code on my sheet? Is there something in the mail merge letter
preventing the link? Can somebody help me?????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Take a look at the information in the follow series of messages, one of the
parties to which was fellow MVP, Peter Jamieson:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...5dc097dc1264c3

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.