Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kbtoreador kbtoreador is offline

Default MM won't open Excel sheet

I've used MM quite a bit, but for some reason, as I'm trying to create
labels, it stops after allowing be to selcet my recipient list and does not
give me the next window. Instead, it gives me a 'Select Table' Menu, only
there isn't anything to select. Usually it goes right on through so I can
complete the steps, but I can figure out what is wrong with my Excel document
where it won't allow me to complete this mail merge. Any ides?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word/Excel?

If the "bad" workbook is simple enough (e.g. no formulas, just data, try
exporting the sheet(s) to .csv format and importing them into a completely
new workbook.

Does the Select Table menu have an options button where you can check 4
boxes, and if you do, do you then see any tables? Are they the ones you
expect? Can you connect to them?

Have you done anything like use the data menu to make a list or a database
in your workbook?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"kbtoreador" wrote in message
I've used MM quite a bit, but for some reason, as I'm trying to create
labels, it stops after allowing be to selcet my recipient list and does
not
give me the next window. Instead, it gives me a 'Select Table' Menu, only
there isn't anything to select. Usually it goes right on through so I can
complete the steps, but I can figure out what is wrong with my Excel
document
where it won't allow me to complete this mail merge. Any ides?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kbtoreador kbtoreador is offline

I put it in a new document, and it seems to be working.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

[...]

Can't display excel sheet within Word (EMBED Excel.Sheet.8) HR Duvall Microsoft Word Help 3 May 14th 23 02:49 AM
sheet tabs in excel JAS Page Layout 1 June 20th 07 03:35 AM
OPEN WORD OR EXCEL NO SHEET OR DOC Tom T Microsoft Word Help 1 June 12th 07 03:30 AM
Import Excel sheet John Taylor Page Layout 3 March 7th 05 09:04 AM
I can't open the embedded excel sheet in one of my word document . Prashant Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 11:15 PM