Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tina Tina is offline

Default can i do an emailmerge w/spreadsheet & outlook express?

i just installed the trial version of home/student office 2007...specifically
to try out the email merge feature...and in reading the instructions now i
see that it requires outlook 2007 to work, i'm thinking i'm either screwed or
i need to get an older version of word, if that would work with express.

i have outlook express and am thinking of buying the home/student version of
office 2007, and would prefer to not have to pay an extra $250 to get
standard office 2007 JUST to get outlook 2007 so that i can add fields to the
body of my emails in a mailmerge.

so can someone tell me...is it possible to do an email merge with word 2007,
and excel spreadsheet and outlook express? if not, does an older version of
word allow me to use outlook express?

thank you in advance!

tina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't have this precise combination, but Word 2007 can merge via
Vista/Windows Mail which is the equivalent of Outlook Express. However, you
can't merge in HTML format to either Outlook Express or Windows Mail.

You do need to have your e-mail package set to be the default e-mail handler
in e.g. IE?Tools|Internet Options|Programs, and you may find
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm useful.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk