Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.tables
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Include a Picture Field

I have data in excel from which i'm creating many mail merges - Included in
each record/row is a field containg the clients passport photo which I would
like to include in the mail merge

Any Ideas?

I cant use Access because it's not on most machines but if ness i can easily
move the data source from excel to MS Word table

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.tables

What I've done in such cases is to include a mergefield with just the
filename of the photo, which is stored elsewhere. Then I use an
IncludePicture field with the full path of the folder where the folders are
stored, using the merge field as the last portion of that path. If the photo
itself is actually stored in Excel (is that possible?), then a mergefield
referencing that field should bring in the photo.

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have data in excel from which i'm creating many mail merges - Included

in
each record/row is a field containg the clients passport photo which I

would
like to include in the mail merge

Any Ideas?

I cant use Access because it's not on most machines but if ness i can

easily
move the data source from excel to MS Word table

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

JethroUK© wrote:
They are currently stored in XL but i'll give that a try thanx

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What I've done in such cases is to include a mergefield with just the
filename of the photo, which is stored elsewhere. Then I use an
IncludePicture field with the full path of the folder where the
folders are
stored, using the merge field as the last portion of that path. If
the photo
itself is actually stored in Excel (is that possible?), then a
mergefield referencing that field should bring in the photo.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.