Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Sat 20 Oct 11:00 AM Sun 20 Oct 11:00 AM ??

I have a date/time field in excel formatted as:

Sat 20 Oct 11:00 AM

After merging to word with no formatting options it reads:

Sun 20 Oct 11:00 AM

?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Are you sure it's looking at the correct year?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have a date/time field in excel formatted as:

Sat 20 Oct 11:00 AM

After merging to word with no formatting options it reads:

Sun 20 Oct 11:00 AM

?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

I have now included the year:

Sat 20/Oct/2007 11:00 AM

And it is merged as:

Sun 20/Oct/2007 11:00 AM

?

Im in UK (probably the problem) Vista HP on my ol Office 2002

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have a date/time field in excel formatted as:

Sat 20 Oct 11:00 AM

After merging to word with no formatting options it reads:

Sun 20 Oct 11:00 AM

?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when
you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will be
given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should read the
data as you have it formatted in the table.

This should also fix your later problem.

JethroUK© wrote:
I have now included the year:

Sat 20/Oct/2007 11:00 AM

And it is merged as:

Sun 20/Oct/2007 11:00 AM

?

"JethroUK©" wrote in message
I have a date/time field in excel formatted as:

Sat 20 Oct 11:00 AM

After merging to word with no formatting options it reads:

Sun 20 Oct 11:00 AM

?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Strange phenomena but that's cured it thanks

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then go to the General tab
and check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then
when you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, you will
be given the option of using the DDE method of connection which should
read the data as you have it formatted in the table.

This should also fix your later problem.

JethroUK© wrote:
I have now included the year:

Sat 20/Oct/2007 11:00 AM

And it is merged as: