Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OE OE is offline

Default cc Mail Merge

I have a list of four contractors (in Word 2003) and use this to populate a
Main document and merge to four letters.

What I would also like to do is a 'cc' to a client, with the contractors
listed at the top of the letter - rather than sending copies of individual
letters.

Is this possible please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds like you have the contractors names in four separate records in
the data source. If you can re-arrange that so that you have separate
fields for each Contractor so that each name is in a different field in the
same record, then you can achieve what you want by just inserting the
necessary fields into the letter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"oe" wrote in message
I have a list of four contractors (in Word 2003) and use this to populate a
Main document and merge to four letters.

What I would also like to do is a 'cc' to a client, with the contractors
listed at the top of the letter - rather than sending copies of individual
letters.

Is this possible please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
OE OE is offline

Thank you for the reply but not sure I understand your suggestion.
These are the fields I have in the data source:

Name Company Address1 Address2 Address3 Town Postcode
(etc)

I need to have the list of contractors (names & addresses) at the top of the
cc letter. I think a four-column table would be best - in the position of
the addressee of each individual letter.

Is it possible to achieve this, please?

"oe" wrote in message
I have a list of four contractors (in Word 2003) and use this to populate
a Main document and merge to four letters.

What I would also like to do is a 'cc' to a client, with the contractors
listed at the top of the letter - rather than sending copies of
individual letters.

Is this possible please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If there are no other merge fields later in the document, you could put four
sets of the required name and address fields at the top of the document and
insert a Next Record field before the first merge field in the second,
third and fourth set.