Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kirstypie Kirstypie is offline

Default If...then...else fields

I have a document that uses a lot of different If...then...else fields for a
mail merge.

I want to revise the text that will be inserted, but I don't know how to get
to that text because it doesn't show up on the page until the merge is
performed. Is there a way to see the text that will be inserted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you use Alt-F9 to display all the field codes (rather than their results)
you should be able to find the texts you need using Edit|Find or by
eyeballing the document, unless the text comes from outside the document,
e.g. from an Autotext entry or a document or part of a document that has
been inserted using an INCLUDETEXT field. In that case I think I would
probably use Windows Explorer's search facilities to try to find any files
that contained the text you wanted to change.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

news