Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louise Louise is offline

Default I cant find an Access query which is a Word data source when I tr.

I am trying to locate an Access query I created but it is not appearing in
the word dialog box even though I know it exists. How can I get around this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Typically you need to change the way Word connects to Access - check Word
Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at open, then go through the
connection process again and select the DDE option when prompted. You will
probably then see all the queries in your database.

The background to this is that the default connection method for Word 2002
and later is OLE DB, which does not "see" certain types of query, such as
parameter queries. It does get other things right, e.g. deals with Unicode
data.

Peter Jamieson