Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JLW1 JLW1 is offline

Default Insert Address button on Envelopes and Labels screen

When selecting Mailings Envelopes, the Envelopes and Labels screen comes
up. On this screen is a button to Insert Address. This button looks for a
Microsoft Exchange address book. Is it possible to redirect this button to a
different address book. We utilize Lotus Notes and it would be handy to be
able to point this button to a Notes address book.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. I don't really know, but

2. The "Microsoft Exchange" thing is a bit misleading - what Word is
actually looking for is a "MAPI Profile", which defines various services
including address book providers. However,it seems that the only way to set
up the type of MAPI Profile that Word looks for is to install the full
Outlook, which is probably the last thing you want to do. Even on a system
that had the full Outlook /and/ the Notes client, it would only be possible
to include the Notes client's Address book in that MAPI Profile if Notes
itself provides the MAPI support necessary to do that. And even if you can
do that (if you have such a system, it is probably worth trying), then the
chances are that you will actually be faced with the same problem that
Outlook user have, which is that you tend to have to locate a specific
contacts folder within that profile before you can select any addresses.

3. It is certainly worth checking in Lotus Notes forums to see if anyone has
got anywhere with this one. Unfortunately, it is a long time since I had a
test version of Notes here. I will look elsewhere but I doubt I will find
anything.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"JLW1" wrote in message
When selecting Mailings Envelopes, the Envelopes and Labels screen comes
up. On this screen is a button to Insert Address. This button looks for
Microsoft Exchange address book. Is it possible to redirect this button
to a
different address book. We utilize Lotus Notes and it would be handy to
be
able to point this button to a Notes address book.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JLW1 JLW1 is offline

Wow, thank you Peter for the great information. That is very helpful and
really gives us somewhere to start.