Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Craig07 Craig07 is offline

Default how do I save a selected mail merge list for multiple letters etc

Hi

I am regularly processing memberships of an association and when memberships
are paid I need to prepare Word documents for the payment receipt and
thankyou, membership certificate, membership card - front and back, and
envelope.

The membership details / fields are in an Excel spreadsheet. Excel and Word
are both from Office 2007.

My question is how do I select the mail merge list once only then save it to
use for all of those documents.

I would then do this process again for the next batch of payments.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is your Excel worksheet? Attach the worksheet to your merge
document - essentially the procedure at
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

Craig07 wrote:
Hi

I am regularly processing memberships of an association and when
memberships are paid I need to prepare Word documents for the payment
receipt and thankyou, membership certificate, membership card - front
and back, and envelope.

The membership details / fields are in an Excel spreadsheet. Excel
and Word are both from Office 2007.

My question is how do I select the mail merge list once only then
save it to use for all of those documents.

I would then do this process again for the next batch of payments.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From what you are saying it sounds as if you may be creating a new Excel
workbook for each new member, or that at the very least, you may need to
select that specific member in each mail merge main document to print the
relevant material for that member.

IMO the best thing to do is connect all of your mail merge main documents,
once and for all, to an Excel workbook whose name and location never varies,
that always has the same columns, and which has exactly one record. e.g. you
connect them all to

c:\memberdata\onenewmember.xls

or whatever.

Then, with all the mail merge main documents closed, you either copy the
excel workbook containing the new member details to that file, or create a
new one with just theat member's details.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk