Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jbc jbc is offline

Default Merge with Access 2003

Hi, I have a letter that I need to merge with a query in Access 2003. When
I go to the Open Data Source button and choose my database, I'm not getting a
complete listing of all of my tables and queries to choose from after
selecting the database.

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks.

jbc
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See my recent posts in the conversations titled
"I can't find an Access query which is a Word data source when I tr."
and
"Data Source Lost When Merge From Access to Word"

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"jbc" wrote in message
Hi, I have a letter that I need to merge with a query in Access 2003.
When
I go to the Open Data Source button and choose my database, I'm not
getting a
complete listing of all of my tables and queries to choose from after
selecting the database.

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Thanks.

jbc

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
jbc jbc is offline

Hi Peter,

I ended up putting it into code:

ActiveDocument.MailMerge.OpenDataSource Name:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\zzz\Membership.mdb" _
, ConfirmConversions:=True, ReadOnly:=False, LinkToSource:=True, _
AddToRecentFiles:=False, PasswordDocument:="", PasswordTemplate:="", _
WritePasswordDocument:="", WritePasswordTemplate:="", Revert:=False, _
Format:=wdOpenFormatAuto, Connection:= _
"QUERY qryLetterNewMember", SQLStatement:= _
"SELECT * FROM [qryLetterNewMember]", SQLStatement1:="", _
SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeWord2000

With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
.Destination = wdSendToPrinter
.Execute