Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Diane Diane is offline

Default Word 2007 Field Sizes?

First, let me apologize for probably not having enough information. I am
trying to help a colleague, but didn't think to ask for specifics. Here's
the general problem -- while performing a mail merge using Word 2007 (I don't
know the data source type but suspect it's either Excel or Access), she has
found that Word seems to be cutting off some of the content that should be
inserted in a field (and no, I don't know what type of field she's using
either). The same procedure and data worked fine in Word 2003. Does anyone
know if the new version of Word uses some sort of field size limitation that
didn't exist before? Any thoughts as to how to fix this problem?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide. I appreciate it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

This was posted a while back by fellow MVP, Cindy Meister in response to
what sounds like a similar issue:

Have you any idea which method you're using to connect the
data in from Excel? DDE, ODBC, OLEDB or Word's internal
spreadsheet converter?

Traditionally, Word has never wanted to accept more than 255
characters from Excel. But I think it *ought* to work over
an ODBC or perhaps OLEDB connection... IF the first record
in the data coming across has 255 characters in the field
in question.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jan
24 2003)
http://www.mvps.org/word

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Unquote

--
Hope this helps.