Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline

Default Setting Lotus Notes as Mail Service

Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to use Lotus Notes as my Mail
Service for mail merging?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I think you're more likely to find an answer to this in a Lotus support
group. You would certainly need to make the Notes Client the default e-mail
client on your system and ensure that any MAPI support was enabled. However,
when I last tried (several years ago now) I was unable to set up Word to
merge more than one record at a time without human intervention (I think it
was to save the generated Notes e-mails). Also, you are unlikely to see any
output at all if you are merging to HTML format.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Ray S." wrote in message
Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to use Lotus Notes as my
Mail
Service for mail merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ray S. Ray S. is offline

Thanks Peter,

You may be right. I did have a heck of a time getting it to work, but I
finally had it so I could merge directly to Lotus Notes, but this was in
Office 2000. When I "upgraded" to 2003, the whole thing stopped working. The
mail merge interface wizard is gone in 2003, and I have even less control
than 2000 offered. I cannot configure the MAPI service like I could in 2000.
Now, even if I try to run Outlook I get an error: "set of folders could not
be opened..." and I can't even set up a new .pst mailbox folder. This is
extremely frustrating. I wish Microsoft had a little more concern for
compatibility when they do upgrades.

"Ray S." wrote in message
Does anyone know what I have to do to be able to use Lotus Notes as my
Mail
Service for mail merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Can you remember anything about how you did MAPI configuration for Office
2000 + Notes?

A problem with MAPI is that there can only be one MAPI.dll and MAPI32.dll,
and when you install anything that provides its own MAPI dll, things can get
confusing. I don't know a /good/ place to start to investigate this stuff,
but

may provide some background info. ("MAPI Stub library" is probably the thing
to search for).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk