Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lost in excel Lost in excel is offline

Default Mailmerge in 2003

Is it not possible to use a custom layout when using mailmerge for creating
labels? You select the layout, yet it doesn't come across after you
propogate the labels?
This worked just fine before I upgraded to office 2003.

Thanking you in advance for you help.
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What kind of custom layout do you mean? (It's not completely clear)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Lost in excel" wrote in message
Is it not possible to use a custom layout when using mailmerge for
creating
labels? You select the layout, yet it doesn't come across after you
propogate the labels?
This worked just fine before I upgraded to office 2003.

Thanking you in advance for you help.
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lost in excel Lost in excel is offline

I created a custom label format to fit our labels that we had printed.
When I get to the point to select the format, I select the custom label
format I created that resides with all the layout that came with Word.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What kind of custom layout do you mean? (It's not completely clear)

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Lost in excel" wrote in message
Is it not possible to use a custom layout when using mailmerge for
creating
labels? You select the layout, yet it doesn't come across after you
propogate the labels?
This worked just fine before I upgraded to office 2003.

Thanking you in advance for you help.
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, I should have realised what you were talking about.

Select the layout first, enter your fields in label 1, then Propagate
Labels. If that doesn't work,
a. if you are using Tablet PC (or, in some cases, Vista) there is a problem
with the Propagate Labels
b. you could try the macros at

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0005.htm

Peter Jamieson