Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cali Tech Cali Tech is offline

Default Mail Merge and then email

I have a letter that I want to email out to a group of 50-100 clients but I
want it to be personal with their name in the letter.
Is there a way to do a mail merge with a contact group from outlook and then
email each letter for the individual person?
I know how to do a mail merge but that would be for printing and mailing.
I know I could take the time and email each letter individually but that
would take a while.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.
Either way, that will allow you to create a personalised letter for each of
your clients.

Then you could use the method described in the article "Mail Merge to E-mail
with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

to use mailmerge to send an email to each client attached to which would be
the letter that was personalised for them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cali Tech" wrote in message
I have a letter that I want to email out to a group of 50-100 clients but I
want it to be personal with their name in the letter.
Is there a way to do a mail merge with a contact group from outlook and
then
email each letter for the individual person?
I know how to do a mail merge but that would be for printing and mailing.
I know I could take the time and email each letter individually but that
would take a while.

Word Mail-merge to email looses BG Color on Web-Based Mail Micmojav Mailmerge 4 September 18th 07 05:34 PM
mail merge an email Narabiss Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 07 06:33 AM
Email Mail Merge LSivak Mailmerge 3 November 9th 06 07:38 PM
email mail merge Diane Mailmerge 2 January 18th 06 08:25 AM
Mail Merge to Email Jeff Crawford Mailmerge 4 August 26th 05 04:43 PM