Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Diane K Diane K is offline

Default Sending faxes

I recently signed up to an internet fax service so that I can send documents
from Word. However whenever I attempt to fax from Word I get the message
that I need to sign up for a fax service. How do I get Word to recognize my
new internet fax service? Thanks!!!
--
Diane K
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As I understand it, there are two different kinds of Internet Fax Provider:
a. those that work through the Windows Fax mechanism and provide a special
piece of software that behaves like a fax printer
b. those that work entirely through e-mail and expect you to send an email
to e regular e-mail address that happens to contain the fax number you want
to send to

A brief look suggests efax/j2 is type (b) and, if so,
c. you should not need to install anything or configure anything in Word or
Outlook
d. in Outlook, you should only have to get the e-mail address right
e. in Word, you should "Send to"|"Mail Recipient (as Attachment)" and
provide the correct e-mail address (as in (d), rather than trying to send
via the "Send to"|"Recipient using Internet Fax Service" option.

I think...

If none of that helps,
a. which version of Windows and Word
b. are you using Outlook (not Outlook Express)?
c. which fax service?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Diane K" wrote in message
I recently signed up to an internet fax service so that I can send
documents
from Word. However whenever I attempt to fax from Word I get the message
that I need to sign up for a fax service. How do I get Word to recognize
my
new internet fax service? Thanks!!!
--
Diane K

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shaw-T Shaw-T is offline

I hope you can help me with the following.
I am using Office 2003 for sending my faxes with my computer.
Recently, when I am sending a fax, a last sheet, which is like the summary
or full description of the Word Document (which I am sending), is being added
to the end of fax. I don't know what is the name of this page and how can I
get rid of this.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks a lot
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Faxing is essentially a 'print' process. You print the document to the fax
driver. What appears to be happening here is that you have tools options
print document properties checked.

Shaw-T wrote:
I hope you can help me with the following.
I am using Office 2003 for sending my faxes with my computer.
Recently, when I am sending a fax, a last sheet, which is like the
summary or full description of the Word Document (which I am
sending), is being added to the end of fax. I don't know what is the
name of this page and how can I get rid of this.
I hope you can help me.
Thanks a lot

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shaw-T[_2_] Shaw-T[_2_] is offline

Dear Graham,
You saved my day. I wish I could tank you personally.
regards, Shaw