Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ruth Protpakorn Ruth Protpakorn is offline

Default Missing fields

Whenever I add new columns of data to an Excel file data source the merge
document in Word won't recognize it. I've tried several different things,
even created new documents and the new data still won't show up as a merge
field to insert. If
anyone know how to resolve this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Ruth
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Make sure there are no "hidden columns" in Excel before the new columns you
inserted.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Ruth Protpakorn" wrote in
message ...
Whenever I add new columns of data to an Excel file data source the merge
document in Word won't recognize it. I've tried several different things,
even created new documents and the new data still won't show up as a merge
field to insert. If
anyone know how to resolve this, please let me know.

Thank you,

Ruth

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne G Anne G is offline

I had this same problem and found that I had another worksheet in the same
Excel workbook which had some duplicate field names to my targeted sheet for
the mail merge. The Word mail merge seemed to be only looking the first
sheet it found. I removed the first sheet from that file and then the merge
worked fine. Also, you may want to try saving your data in a list so that
the columns will always be included in your data list. The list boundary
autmatically expands when you add columns to the worksheet. I hope this
helps!