Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chila 10-22-07 Chila 10-22-07 is offline

Default Excel-MS Word Mail Merge Problems

I created a MS word-excel template to share with co-workers. The file
greys-out to not allow others to perform the mail merge. In addition when
they open the file it is asking for the source document which is the one that
I created. When I open the file, it allows me to perform the mail merge.
Why does this happen and how can I fix the file for others to use.

Chila
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle @ BMA Michelle @ BMA is offline

The source needs to be saved on each person's computer. Then they will need
to select the source which the word doc can now recognize by following the
path they select. -- Michelle

"Chila 10-22-07" wrote:

I created a MS word-excel template to share with co-workers. The file
greys-out to not allow others to perform the mail merge. In addition when
they open the file it is asking for the source document which is the one that
I created. When I open the file, it allows me to perform the mail merge.
Why does this happen and how can I fix the file for others to use.

Chila

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Chila 10-22-07[_2_] Chila 10-22-07[_2_] is offline

The source file is on our network share drive of which it was created. Is
there a way to use the network file and perform the mail merge?