Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nilogram Nilogram is offline

Default mail merge splitter

I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am receiving a
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you press Debug when the error occurs, what line of the code is
highlighted in yellow?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nilogram" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am receiving a
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nilogram Nilogram is offline

The debug button is not functional. After the run time error 5: "invalid call
or arguement" appears.

Help and end buttons are functional biut not the debug.

Dan

"Nilogram" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am receiving a
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nilogram Nilogram is offline

Add-in template . I downloaded the template into the start directory of Word
per instructions (www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.html).

Thank you
Dan

"Nilogram" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am receiving
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix? Thank
you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

*How* are you running the macro? The idea is that it runs automatically when
you merge to a new document.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you press Debug when the error occurs, what line of the code is
highlighted in yellow?

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Nilogram" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am
receiving a
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nilogram Nilogram is offline

Start marge. Wizard appears - I select all records (this is standard merge
functionality). Merge to document box appears asking "Do you want to create a
separate document for each record". I select yes then identify the field to
use in the file name and select path where individual files are to be saved.
The merge runs (see counter on lower left) and then I receive the run time
error (no files save to directory)

Dan

"Nilogram" wrote in message
I am using Word 2003 and theDoug Robbins merge splitter but am
receiving a
run time 5 error message when executing the macro. How can I fix?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nilogram Nilogram is offline

Thanks Doug. My record identifier was not sequential. Introducing a counter
rather than using the unit identifier did the trick. Appreciate your
assistance.

Kindest regards

Dan